Nouvelle version 2.1 d’Arnold MtoA
– New Subsurface Scattering : A new, more physically accurate way of calculating subsurface scattering has been added, through a new parameter “Subsurface Type” in aiStandardSurface.
– New Car Paint Shader : A new shader specially designed for car painting is shipped in this release, aiCarPaint.
– AOVs improvements : The AOV browser has been revamped to simplify the use of advanced AOV features (Light groups, Light Path Expressions, AOV Shaders, cryptomatte, etc…).
– Arnold RenderView (ARV) new features : Lots of fixes and new features in ARV, including support for AOVs in snapshots using the snapshots folder.
– Shadow Matte improvements : The shadow matte shader has been revamped in order to support more complex setups without connecting additional nodes in the shading tree.
– Subdivision Frustum Culling: allows to optimize subdivision in large scenes when objects (or pieces of objects) are not seen by the camera.